“We’re giving this candidate the opportunity to have us recount the votes, and assure that the end results come out the same as they did on election night”, says Joe Gloria, with Clark County’s Registrar of Voters.
The preliminary recount was requested and paid for by Roque “Rocky” De La Fuente, an independent presidential candidate who came in last in Nevada’s November 8 general election.
A ballot recount began Monday at a county election warehouse near Las Vegas where officials handling the bulk of a statewide effort say it’ll take all week to review thousands of votes cast in the November 8 election.
Clark County officials say they have never found a discrepancy large enough to force a full recount.
“The only different is we’re only going to tally for a certain number of precincts in one race, the presidential race”, Gloria says.
De La Fuente was entitled to select a sampling of 5 percent – or 93 – of Nevada’s precincts to be recounted.
Kulin said election workers will retally presidential votes cast in 84 of the 1,118 precincts within the county.
Eight other precincts in four Nevada counties are being reviewed at the request of independent presidential candidate Roque “Rocky” De La Fuente. Democratic contender Hillary Clinton won Nevada with 47.9 percent of the vote, beating Republican President-elect Donald Trump by a little more than 2 percentage points.
De La Fuente finished last, with a fraction of 1 percent of the vote.
In a statement issued after formally requesting the recount last week, De La Fuente said he did not expect to win the Nevada contest but was concerned about the integrity of the vote.
He picked the 92 precincts statewide that he wanted reviewed.
Posted on December 06, 2016 by La Rampa di Napoli